Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Man Hats

Oy, I'm not very good at posting on a regular basis, I really do try...

Okay so this blog post is about manly hats! I crochet my cousin a beard hat for his birthday in December. I had seen the hats all over the Internet and thought it would be perfect for Aaron. Especially seeing as he can't grow facial hair! lol.


So for this hat I did a generic beanie and then I followed the suggestions from this blogger http://sunmoonearthandstars.blogspot.com/2011/05/pet-peeve-rant-and-free-crochet-pattern.html to make the actual beard part. I do suggest using a nice thick wool to make it look more authentic. It's actually pretty easy to do and a lot of fun!!

Okay the next "manly" hat that I made ended up going to a lady. I'll explain, every year my parents have a Superbowl party. Well my dad asked me to make a crochet football helmet as part of the prize. So I looked online for a pattern; and the only one I could find was for a baby :p. So yay for making stuff up as I go along. I had to redo this hat twice as the first time it was to wide and didn't cover enough of the head. But overall it turned out really well and I like the old fashioned flair of it.

And then the side view.

And for the final throw in. (it's not a hat but it is manly!) My Superbowl cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment