Friday, February 10, 2012

Wreath of Tea

Now I know this isn't crochet, or even a cake design. But it was soo cool that I had to share it. Also, I think this blog will showcase some of my other crafty things too. I've just gone completely crafty recently. (thanks in large part to Pinterest lol!)

So I made lots of crafty things for Christmas and couldn't post them until after the season is over in case my family reads my blog and sees their gift lol! So I found this amazing tea wreath design (thanks to Pinterest) from http://kojo-designs.com/2010/03/kojotutorial-tea-tea-tea-kitchen-wreath-2/ and well of course I had to make a whole bunch. (in fact the tea bags that are wrapped in wrapping paper I actually made the tea too!)

So this one is an example of a painted clothespin design with homemade and store boughten tea. This one has around 24 teabags.


This one here is the smaller version with only 12 teabags. And in this one I took strips of scrapbook paper and glued them onto the clothespin. It's really hard for me to say which way I like it better, they both have their merits. But I will say it's a lot faster if you glue paper on then paint the clothespins lol!


I can totally see myself making more of these for different seasons. Mother's day gifts, birthday's etc. And it's such a neat gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment