Monday, February 20, 2012

~*~ It's Snowing! ~*~

So this Christmas I decided it would be super cute to make a whole ton of crochet snowflake ornaments. And it was fun, and as usual I might have gone a little overboard and made too many... no such thing right? lol. I found a simple little pattern from here http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/crochet-snowflake.html. Now I followed their advice with regards to using spray starch and using pins to pull it out and I must say it didn't work very well. First off I found the spray starch kinda stained some of my snowflakes, and even if I ironed the snowflakes they fell back into their original shape, observe.


But even with them not staying stretched out I still think they look pretty cool! I had so much fun making them. And since I have so many extra I'm just going to use them as appliqués for my hats and scarves! Here is an up close of the big snowflake.


And the coolest part about this pattern is that you can stop pretty much anywhere you like. After any row and it will look neat. Here is one stopped after two rows.


And here is one stopped after just one row. Which makes a really neat star pattern, perfect for putting on hats and what not!


Obviously weave the ends in, or use them to make a string to hang the ornaments. But I generally don't weave things in until I have to. I find that to be one of the most annoying parts of a crochet project. Finishing it off. If you look at my own hats that I made for myself you will find that none of the ends are weaved in, couldn't be bothered lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment