Monday, November 15, 2010

Wedding Cake

So my husbands brother is getting married New Years eve, in Hawaii (yes I'm going!!!!) and I just adore his fiance!! She is this super sweet Japanese lady, who also loves to crochet. We have so much in common. So I'm throwing her a personal shower this Friday. And I found this delightful wedding cake amigurumi pattern. So of course I made it for her. But first a little tribute to wedding cakes :)

This is my wedding cake. I love red and dragons. Thankfully my husband also loves dragons ahahaha. Honestly I LOVE this cake!!

This cake is from a very dear friends' wedding. I was one of her bridesmaids. I also really like how this cake looks. And I love the stand!!!

Okay and now for the cake you've all been waiting for.... dum dum dum




I found this super easy pattern at  [http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80305AD.html ]. I added my own yarn the same colour as the flower to each layer of the cake to add more detail and some more spice to the cake. Overall I think it turned out really well and I am quite pleased with it. I think it'll make a great little centre peice for the shower on Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment